This is a step by step guide to export boretrak data in ASCII txt or QPH format from your Carlson boretrak viewer. The exported file can further be uploaded to Strayos boretrak module to visualize the hole deviation and measure 2D and 3D burdens.
- First you will want to make sure that all your settings are correct. Go to the top left and click on the gear symbol.
- This is what your settings should be set at for all projects to produce the correct information.
- Next you will want to create a project that you can save your data in.
- Enter customer’s name, your name and, location.
- Click on done when you have entered the correct information.
- Now click on the import button on the top to download your boretrak information.
- This will appear after you select the import button and you will have to change it to imperial from metric.
- Click on from device and plug the probe into the CDU and the CDU to your computer.
- Depending on what port you plug the CDU into your computer you will change the COM port to the correct one.
- Then Proceed with the downloading by following the directions on the screen. Once you are done downloading the data, the next button will light up and you can press it to move on to the next step.
Example of the raw data from the download.
- Here you can delete any extra readings and change the azimuth if needed. (Azimuth should be 000.)
- click on the next button to proceed and it will input the holes
Example of what you should get after you download the holes.
- To run the bullseye reports in feet you have to go back up to the setting tab in the top left corner and change it to feet from meters.
- Now click on the report button and the only option is deviation report select that and click reports. (Make sure to save the reports to a folder that you can easily find.)
Example of the bullseye report that is generated.
- Next you have to export the data so that you can import it into the Strayos app.
- Click on the export button
- You want the Custom ASCII Export so you will have to click the down arrow and select this one. Once selected you click on the export button.
- Brings you to this next screen make sure X, Y, and Z are all selected then click export again.
- Make sure to save the file somewhere that you can find it easily.
- Now you can upload the txt file to Strayos app using boretrak module