The Along and Away AB line measurements enable simpler drill hole location adjustments and provide a way to lay out holes using tape measures in the field.
These two measurements create a 2D coordinate system specific to the blast pattern where hole locations are represented as distances along and away from the start of the AB line (point A).
Along AB line - distance in one dimension defined by the azimuth of the AB line from A to B.
Away AB line - distance in one dimension perpendicular to the azimuth of the AB line looking out over the face.
Laying out using tape measures
- Ensure you clearly mark your AB line endpoints on the ground so they are visible in your drone model in Strayos
- Create your Drill Pattern Design using your marked AB line
- Go to the Exports/Reports tab in the Drilling Design Module and click "Shot Layout Report" and print the pdf
- In the field, lay a tape measure out from the A marker to the B marker of your AB line.
- Mark out the start and end points of each row using the table headers on the Shot Layout Report
- Mark out each hole using the 'Along row' and 'Away from row' values in the report