Strayos platform provides five different base plane for volume calculation in Fragmentation and Cast volume calculations.
- Average Fit uses a horizontal plane at the average elevation of all boundary corner points.
- Linear Fit uses an angled plane that comes as close as possible to passing through all the boundary corner points.
- Lowest means a horizontal plane at the elevation of the lowest boundary point.
- Manual allows you to create a flat or angled base plane by inputting Elevation, Grade and Azimuth values or by selecting a point on the 3D model.
- Triangulated Fit uses a complex surface made of a set of triangular faces created between the boundary corner points
After selecting the base plane, muck pile volume and cast volume will be automatically updated.
Both muck pile volume (Total Volume in the picture) and cast volume are calculated based on the plane.
Switching to 3D view displays the geometry for reference.
The updated muck pile volume and cast volume will also be reflected in the Cast pdf report.